Our Mission – About Us
We are a group of neighbors and friends with an interest in gardening and community aesthetics. We welcome all horticulturalists-at-heart to come to our meetings to get to know us. Most of our members live in and around Mission Hills, but please feel free to join us from farther away.
Besides our monthly meetings, we have many members’ events throughout the year. Coffee in the Garden, Wine in the Garden, field trips and workshops round out our offerings. Our biggest annual event is the Garden Walk, held on the Saturday of Mother’s Day weekend. It is our major fundraiser, and its proceeds go to fund the following among others:
• Horticultural scholarships at San Diego community colleges
• Planted pots on Lewis Street
• Update of the playground equipment in Pioneer Park
• Enhancing the horticultural section of the Mission Hills library
• Grant School’s Gecko Garden
• Painting of the mural on Reynard Way
• Financial support to Olivewood Gardens
And more to come! For more information on our Community Projects, click here!