Mission Hills Garden Walk
20th Annual Mission Hills Garden Walk!
Another success! The 20th annual garden walk was another enjoyable day of walking through beautiful Mission Hills and visiting 17 beautiful private gardens as we “took a walk down memory lane”. These gardens were selected from the past 19 years of our garden walks.
The day began with a bit of a drizzle, but soon gave way to a lovely Spring day. And it was the perfect condition for taking in the serenity experienced in each of the gardens. Everyone had a wonderful time and had nothing but compliments as they returned to the nursery after hitching a ride on the trolleys.
We were joined in the morning by city councilmember Christopher Ward who presented the Mission Hills Garden Club with a Proclamation of the City Council for the 20th Anniversary of the Mission Hills Garden Walk. We thank Chris Ward for taking the time for this honorable presentation.
Cheryl and I have so many people to thank who made this year’s walk possible. First and foremost the garden owners who opened their beautiful gardens once again so that we could invite garden lovers to take a stroll through them. They had all been down this path before so they knew what they were getting into – again. They put lots of toil, pride and love into the gardens and it showed. So thank you!
But it takes a whole team to pull off an event of this magnitude. There are so many tasks to accomplish to ensure a successful day. The number of garden greeters was the largest we have ever gathered – thanks to Carolyn and Jodie we got them! We also want to thank:
- The Mission Hills Nursery for helping us host the walk
- Ginny Ollis for her colorful garden descriptions in the booklet
- Lara Gates for collecting ads from local vendors/neighbors
- Maureen Tess-Fieberg and Antoinette Embry for the press releases
- Pat Harrison for photographing the gardens
- Dona Foltz for her graphic design and layout
- The talented artists and musicians that entertained us in the gardens
- Mission Hills Garden Club Board Members and Committee Chairs for all they do!
Martha Pehl, Cheryl Nealy, Carolyn Fossett, Jodie Cavanagh, Judith Krumholtz, Cathi Lopez, Fausto and Tiger Palafox, Nancy Carter, Erin Macauley, Summer Amenta
Thank you to everyone! And until next time remember –
Life begins the day you start a garden – Elizabeth Lawrence